Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
This is a recipe for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.
It can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to bake.
Cook 2 Spaghetti Squash.
I like to use the Instant Pot:
- Cut squash in half
- Place both halves in pot with 1 cup of water
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
- Quick release
Separate and mix.
- Once cooled a bit, remove the inside of the squash and place in a large mixing bowl
- Add 1 or 2 eggs and mix
- Optional: Add some olive oil, salt, other seasonings
Make a tomato sauce.
Instead of canned sauce, consider using either
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, or
- 1 can diced and 1 can tomato paste
Add tomato to a pot and heat to reduce water.
- Add sausage to sauce (roughly 4)
- Add additional seasoning like basil, Italian seasoning, etc
Layer squash, sauce, cheese into baking dish.
- Add about 1/2 squash mix to the bottom of the dish. Use a fork to make a solid layer
- Add sauce mix on top. Consider also adding things like:
- Add remaining squash mix on top
- Top with things like shredded Parmesan, ricotta dollops, etc.
- Cover dish with foil
- Bake for 50 minutes in the oven at 375 ℉
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until cheese becomes melted & brown